San Diego History Center
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Development Manager will support initiatives and fundraising tactics of the Board of Trustees and Executive Director with a donor portfolio of long-standing members/donors, stewarding current relationships, while building new individual and corporate relationships with potential supporters.
This position supports overall efforts in growing the organization’s donor base through collaboration with team members and assisting with the planning and execution of: fundraising/cultivation events, corporate/individual proposals, annual appeals, and planned/endowment giving.
This position is responsible for continued stewardship of past donors as well as building a pipeline of new prospects with gift strategies from identification of constituents through stewardship. The Development Manager will carry an initial portfolio with a fundraising goal – and build from there.
The Development Manager will meet regularly with prospects and donors face-to-face to discuss gift proposals.
Key Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred or equivalent work experience is required
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive professional development work experience in the non-profit sector isrequired
- Demonstrated success personally cultivating, soliciting, and closing philanthropic gifts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as Blackbaud fundraising/CRM platforms is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
A full job description can be found below.
Application deadline: January 26, 2018.