Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
Administrative Assistant for the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library (La Jolla, CA)
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, a historic, unique, non-profit cultural organization in La Jolla, seeks an Administrative Assistant to start as soon as possible. This position is an entry-level position that requires 40 hours/week with some evenings and weekends.
- Assist the Executive Director and Executive Assistant to the Director, as well as other staff occasionally, in general administrative support on all their responsibilities including, but not limited to, correspondence, meetings, exhibitions, and events.
- Be active with Night Owl committee (young people’ program)
- Under the direction of the Membership Associate, assist in the website and be in charge of online ticketing
- Take part in overall Athenaeum activities as needed
- Vacation time (two weeks pro-rated)
- Holidays (two weeks pro-rated)
- Sick leave
- Health Insurance allowance
- B.A., preferably in liberal arts or fine arts, or related field
- Experience in arts administration, preferably for a non-profit
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint, inDesign, and Dreamweaver. Knowledge of Photoshop and HTML preferred
- Strong writing skills required
Attention: please submit resume and cover letter to Erika Torri, Joan & Irwin Jacobs Executive Director: 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA 92037 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org