- Become A Member
Although the Americans for the Arts’ Emerging Leader Network targets professionals new to the field who are 35 years of age or younger or who have less than five years of experience, Rising Arts Leaders welcomes anyone who self-defines as an emerging leader in the field. In other words, please join us if you feel you can benefit from and/or contribute to our programming. Much of our professional development offerings center around nonprofit arts administration, but we welcome individuals from the creative industries, educators and artists alike. We look forward to meeting you!
Rising Arts Leaders of San Diego (RALSD) began in 2009 as a program of The San Diego Foundation’s Arts & Culture Working Group, produced in partnership with the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture and designed to help emerging arts and culture administrators maintain and improve their professional competence, enhance their career progression and keep abreast of new developments in the field. RALSD is part of an emergent network of up and coming arts leaders throughout California. Affiliated with the national Emerging Leaders Network of Americans for the Arts, supported by the Center for Cultural Innovation, and originally funded through The James Irvine Foundation. RALSD is fiscally sponsored by Arts for Learning San Diego and supported by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
No, RALSD is a fiscally sponsored program of Arts for Learning San Diego. Not sure what a fiscally sponsored program is? Visit the National Council of Nonprofits for detailed information.
A generous grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and individual contributions.
RALSD serves nonprofit arts and culture administrators with programs that support individual professional and leadership development.
· To provide participants with leadership and professional training, including symposiums, seminars, workshops, mentorship programs and other learning opportunities;
· To enable participants to connect online and in person with peers and experienced arts professionals in structured and informal learning environments;
· To provide information and resources which will enhance the participants' knowledge of current affairs in the field and other career development opportunities;
· To build the governance and infrastructure of the program to ensure its growth and sustainability into the future.
- Eligible for Virgil Yalong Quick Grants
- Eligible for Mentorship Program
- Access to RALSD Job Board
- Free resume review annually from Art Career Café
- Free or discounted professional development events
- Free or discounted community events
Do your research.
How to get your company to fund professional training and development
How to ask your boss to have the company pay for you to attend a conference, seminar or workshop
How to convince your boss to pay for your training w/ scripts & email template
Ask your boss for a development plan
Are you asking for professional development training the right way?
Visit our membership page and sign up.
Membership is free.
Visit the sign in page and click the "Forgot Password ?" button and instructions will be sent to your email.
Log in and visit the RALSD job board powered by Art Career Café. Read the story about the partnership and additional member benefits here.
Visit Art Career Café and use the promo code RALSD to get your listing free til midnight PST December 31, 2017. Read the story about the partnership and additional member benefits here.